Saturday, January 28, 2012

步步惊心


Recently, I’ve been hooked on to a new drama serial tittled ‘步步惊心’. I like how it weaves fiction into facts, creating an interesting storyline. Also, there’s the element of time travel which makes it more exciting.

I got so intrigued by it that I actually went to read up more about the reign of Kangxi during the Qing dynasty to try separating fact from fiction. The most interesting titbit of knowledge I managed to garner from my short ‘research’ was that Kangxi had a harem of 64 women. My goodness! My brain did a quick calculation and that worked out to him spending an average of 6 days with each of the 64 woman in a year.

5 Comments:

Blogger Haley Claire and Mary Dean said...

Oh how interesting!

Sat Feb 11, 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

been watching some of the episodes too, then got too impatient and wiki-ed it.

Yes, very well thought out complex story-line...

Fri Feb 24, 05:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Huimin said...

They have all the episodes online, you can go watch on youtube =)

Fri Feb 24, 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But I don't wanna watch the end... it's so sad :-(

Wed Feb 29, 05:12:00 PM  
Anonymous huimin said...

Didn't know you are a romantic at heart =p

Fri Mar 02, 04:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home